Why I love day trading and chose it as my career.
I’m writing this coming off the worst month of my career so trading is really more of a love-hate thing right now.
Reasons why I love day trading
- It allows you to be your own boss, if I feel like taking the day / week / month off I take it off, no calling or asking permission from anybody
- I can set my own hours, if I feel done for the day at 11am then I’m done
- I am fully responsible for whatever happens
- My income is uncapped, I can make 5x or more what I made last year
- Everyday has the potential to be huge
- Freedom of location, as long as you have an internet connection you can trade
- You get out of it what you put in, eat what you kill etc., for the most part the harder you work the more you will make
- It is challenging and keeps your mind sharp
Reasons why I hate day trading
- Dry spells of low or no income can last months
- No guarantee of any income whatsoever
- You can work every single day 10 hours a day for a month and end up writing a cheque instead of receiving one
- No benefits or other employment benefits
Overall I think the pros outweigh the cons and I absolutely love day trading and will continue to as long as I can.